This post will guide how-to install and configure zpanel inside Ubuntu 12.10 at digitalocean.com (a cheap cloud server provider). With only just $5, you can deploy your own cloud with 512MB RAM and 30GB Disk.
So, here there are..
- First of all, you need to create a droplet. (I assumed that you have registered to digitalocean.com).
- After that, login to your freshly-deployed machine. With ssh.
- Follow this instructions carefully to install zpanelcp in ubuntu http://www.zvps.co.uk/zpanelcp/ubuntu-12-04
- Login to your zpanelcp, and try to create new domain there. (absolutely, you must have a domain before. NameCheap or godaddy could be an option.)
- This is the confused part, setup vanity name server so you can access your droplet with multiple domains https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-create-vanity-or-branded-nameservers-with-digitalocean-cloud-servers
- some tips, when you add domain in your zpanelcp you must add domain too in DNS menu at digitalocean dashboard. Give additional A record with host value * (asterisk) and point it to your droplet’s IP Address.
Check your DNS configuration here. It takes about ten-to-twenty minutes for DNS settings to successfully propagated.
Note : this article also appeared at http://aegis.co.id/give-life-zpanelcp-digitalocean-com/